[Sysadmin] New server [finally] ready!

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Nov 15 01:28:39 CST 2008

David Kaufman wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that evolt's new server (named "tron") is finally
> up and running Debian 4.0 (etch)!
>
> Users with logins on tempest now also have accounts on tron, and may:
>
>   ssh tron.evolt.org
>
> from their accounts on tempest using ssh public keys I've pre-generated for
> everyone and installed on tron.  Once you het there please set your
> passwords.

Since we can't do that (nice try tho!) have you tried copying our
passwords out of /etc/shadow on tempest into /etc/shadow on tron?  Also,
just out of interest, does our budget support us retaining tempest for
any reason, since it's of similar spec to tron, or do we just want to
swapover and kill tempest once done?

-n