[Sysadmin] Next?

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Sun Nov 16 20:45:57 CST 2008

Ok so clearly everyone in sysadmin but me wants to ditch qmail and
re-engineer the entire mail system from the ground up using another MTA.
That's fine.  I suppose one of you with more experience with that
$other_as_yet_undecided_upon_MTA should take the reins on that project.

Which leaves me looking for something to do.  So... what's next?

I installed MySQL 5 and PHP 5 from debian repo's.

But Drupal is not available in etch from the Debian package archives.  It's
available from backports, but only at version 5.  Lenny has Drupal 6, so it
may be coming to backports in the near future... but in the mean time I
guess that means we should install Drupal from source, at least for now,
since everyone seems to have their little hearts set upon the latest
greatest Drupalage.

Shall I work on that?

-dave

P.S. According to http://packages.ubuntu.com/ Neither Hardy nor Intrepid
has Drupal 6 yet either.  I only see it in Jaunty.  That's unexpected.  I
kinda figured Ubuntu would ride a little closer to the bleeding edge than
Debian.