[Sysadmin] weo permissions/login issues

Adrian Simmons adrian at perlucida.com
Sun Nov 30 14:58:08 CST 2008

On 30 Nov 2008, at 18:42, Martin Burns wrote:

> OK, so on weo, I can log in, but the login doesn't persist to any page
> past my initial user page.
The one thing that springs to mind is a session problem, has any of
the DNS been changed (for the benefit of tron?). Drupal 5 has this in
settings.php, and I've needed to set this on my home server before:

/**
  * Drupal automatically generates a unique session cookie name for
each site
  * based on on its full domain name. If you have multiple domains
pointing at
  * the same Drupal site, you can either redirect them all to a single
domain
  * (see comment in .htaccess), or uncomment the line below and
specify their
  * shared base domain. Doing so assures that users remain logged in
as they
  * cross between your various domains.
  */
# $cookie_domain = 'example.com';

It references setting rewritebase in .htaccess if drupal is in a
subfolder and/or you want to redirect www. to non www or the reverse.
So check .htaccess too

Whether that'll help weo or drupal 4.6 or 7 I don't know. Don't have
anything earlier than 5 installed here now to check with.

The other thing that springs to mind is the update to mysql 4.1 or
higher from an earlier version, which can stop you logging in if not
done properly - were still on 4.0 though right?

> Also, http://evolt.org/files/pictures/picture-1607.gif is giving me
> permission denied errors, which it shouldn't.

I presume that's a file system level problem.

Adrian
--

Phone: +44 1382 541 586 or +44 131 208 0840
e-mail <mailto:adrian at perlucida.com>