[thechat] Photo Manipulation Assistance .. Please :)

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Tue Feb 27 16:11:22 CST 2001

Hey folks ..

I don't know if this should/could go on thelist .. but thought I'd post it here and see if anyone can provide some guidance.

I have this image .. as you can see here

http://members.evolt.org/Mishka/test.htm

I want to fade it out on the right hand side .. but I haven't a clue what I'm doing.  Or, what I Am doing is just not working.  :(

I've got Photoshop 5.5 and Fireworks 3 and 4, but I don't know where to begin.  I'm creating the site mock up in FW4, but I can easily pull it in from PS if that works.

Would someone be so kind as to send me a tutorial, or some key words on how I can actually do this?  I want the image fairly solid on the left side, then to fade out to the background on the right side.

*Hangs head in shame*

Michele