[thechat] Austin and evolt.org -> Making the leap from virtual to real

Dave McLean thechat at dwcreative.com
Tue Feb 27 23:49:22 CST 2001

On 2/27/01 1:35 PM you wrote:

> On another note - how have *you* made sure, that when making the leap
> from virtual to real, people actually meet. I've heard of several
> instances where groups of onliners agreed to meet, but did not recognize
> each other (out of lack of pictures, crowd, shyness, or whatever). I
> don't think this will be an issue @ evoltcon - but how have you solved
> this in the past.

We're probably all going to be wearing our <body> t-shirts in one form or
another.  Some will be sporting fresh "cube" tattoos, while others will be
at the bar drinking like fish.  Either way we still need a place to gather.

Does anyone here live in Austin?  Or will SGD *please* find us a place to
meet. Let's say 7pm just so we can get a bit of a jump on the crowds.  So
Saturday, March 10th, 2001: Austin, Texas, 7pm.

Now where are we going to meet?

-d

"The US is our trading partner, our neighbour, our ally
and our friend... and sometimes we'd like to give them
such a smack!"

              Rick Mercer, "This Hour Has 22 Minutes"