hippies (was RE: [thechat] Beervolts)

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Wed Feb 28 11:17:23 CST 2001

Arcata, CA.... where I emigrated from... had I think the first city
council in history to have a Green-party majority.  That was 1998 I
think.

There is actually a hippie highway that runs from Eugene, through
Arcata, and down to Santa Cruz.  I've never actually seen the
highway, but I've seen many of the travellers.

I suppose if I smoked enough trainwreck, I might see the highway...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,23537,00.html

Erika