[thechat] List oddity or just me?

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Thu Mar 1 07:21:11 CST 2001

Hey Chris,

> Thanks for the tip on Amazon links.

Yer welcome. I figured that out of necessity for the same reason you need
the shorter URL.  As a general rule, most dynamic sites need only one URL
param per page. Not that there aren't innumerable exceptions, but you can
usually keep the most important-looking URL param and drop the rest, in
order to keep a shorter URL.  The other URL params usually contain session
ID information, referer ID's and such.

> with those URLs, ya assumption-making bastard. :)
I'm glad the cheap-bastard comment was well-received.  What is a
culturally-acceptible quip where I live may be misunderstood as an insult
elsewhere.  I didn't really think it through until after I hit Send, and
then, as we all know too well, it's too late. :)

Anyhoo...

Seth

Seth Bienek
Solutions Development Manager