[thechat] Driving in America

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Thu Mar 1 13:06:48 CST 2001

> 1. Over here - any lane is a passing lane.  Don't feel obligated to pass on
> the left - or surprised when you are passed on the right.

All 'you's that follow are general, not specific (ie. I don't mean *you*):

However, if you're frequently getting passed on the right, then you should
re-consider your use of the left lane. Check those signs that say "slower
traffic stay right" or similar.
I know, i know, a lot of folks don't give you the chance to get over before
swooping around you. I always do - but if you don't get over, i *will*
swoop. And then I'll stay right until it's time to pass the next car
(hopefully on the left) :)

matt