[thechat] Driving in America

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Thu Mar 1 16:32:04 CST 2001

Kev says
"This is another one of those weird English things, a lot of petrol stations
are like mini supermarkets now, but you can't buy beer there."

I was a little surprised ... but at the petrol stations in Louisiana ....
you can buy groceries, smokes, chaws, beer, wine, whiskey, vodka, rum, and
pretty much anything else you can drink!! ..... maybe that's why their State
motto is "Sportsman's Paradise"?

[Most of the other US States have State-licensed and/or State-run stores for
selling the more potent spirits .... but not Louisiana! .... Yet another
reason to be careful when driving over to 'NawLins! (....driving through
Vidor is yet another reason - but we'll save everyone a hundred IQ points
and not go there!)]

Ron L.