[thechat] Networking Question...

Chris Spruck cspruck at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 2 02:36:20 CDT 2001

Dave,

Have you tried the full domain name of your news provider? For instance, my
news server is news.mindspring.com, mail is mail.mindspring.com, etc. I
don't think you should have to disconnect your router to ping anything,
unless you've limited access somehow for systems on the inside end of your
router or modem.

Hope this helps!
Chris