[thechat] spicy pork recipe

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 4 07:42:01 CDT 2001

I made this a couple weeks ago with what I could find - no real planning.

The sauce I'm talking about is this:

  	http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/garlic.htm

You could probably substitute with something else, but this stuff is
really good.

Spicy Pork

1 pound pork loin chops
2TB Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce (the kind in the jar)
1TB chopped Garlic
1TB ginger
a little sage
a little cumin
1 large red bell pepper
1 med. onion
a little white wine or vermouth

Mix the chili sauce, garlic, sage, cumin and ginger in a large bowl.

Slice the pork into slices about .25" thick.

Mix it up in the marinade.

Let pork stand for a few minutes while you slice the pepper and chop the
onion.

In a large pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil and cook the
onions.  When they are nearly done, throw in the pork (don't touch your
eyes with the chili sauce on your hands..just don't). It'll take the
pork a few minutes to cook.  The pan should be pretty hot, or the oils
from the chili won't evaporate. If your eyes sting when you're standing
over the pan, it's hot enough.

When the pork is nearly done, put the red pepper slices on top, sprinkle
the wine over top, and cover it for a couple minutes. The peppers will
steam, but still stay a little crunchy.

That's about it. The pork shouldn't take too long to cook, since it's
pretty thin, and the peppers should be cooked a little - but still have
substance!

I put it over salad greens, but you could easily put it on rice or
pasta. There's a little 'sauce', but not a lot.  I suppose you could use
more wine and reduce it if you wanted.

On the salad greeens, a little thai peanut sauce tasted great.

Yummy.

bob

--
bob davis