[thechat] Tech device of my dreams becomes reality...

Mike King mike.king at redroom.co.uk
Fri Apr 6 04:59:43 CDT 2001

At 21:25 06/04/01 +1200, you wrote:
>is this new though?

Nope a more superior version though...

>i saw something almost identical demonstrated on a bbc world technology
>programme about 18 months ago. the product was from qualcomm (i think) and
>basically sat around a Palm, turning it into a phone..

Yup it was clunkier, it put a mouthpiece under the palm (whereas the visor
has one built in doesn't it?). Made it much thicker and longer. Bit shit
all round really  =)

>perhaps they never made it to market.

I can't seem to find them on the Kyocera site, so maybe not.

I'm in with Martin though, having to cart around mobile & Palm is a pain,
but at least mine can IR each other...
My girlfriend despaired when I found out how to surf on the Palm via
IR  =)  It looks even sadder than it sounds...

Cheers
mk