Oil changes was RE: [thechat] gas prices..

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Mon Apr 16 08:54:01 CDT 2001

Yep, and they'll do it every time too. Greedy bastards. ;) My manual says every 7600 miles. Interestingly, the last oil change place
I went to tried to get me in every 3000 miles for a transmission service too. Transmissions do need serice (automatic trannies), but
certainly not every 3000 miles. I forget what my manual recommends, but it's *a lot* less often than that.

Now I do everything that I can myself. Saves a good bit of money, and I have the peace of mind that goes with knowing it was done
right. Here's a tip - you can take used oil to just about any auto parts store (here in the U.S. anyway), they should have a used
oil container in the back.