[thechat] How Canada got it's name

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Apr 19 09:14:36 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Dyer" <ben_dyer at imaginuity.com>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] How Canada got it's name

> At 07:34 AM 4/19/2001, you wrote:
> >(ps anyone know how to download & save ad-critic ads - need
> >them for a demo)
>
> I've always had to do an end-around for embedded QT movies.
>
> I dug in the code for the URL, copied and pasted that into the address bar
> and then Saved the now standalone movie.
>
> I've actually not tried it on AdCritic, but it's worked for other
> sites.  Saved my butt a few times.

another cheat is to watch proxy logs, and see what goes by.  To download
trailers for off-line viewing from Apple's QT Trailers site, I start
downloading the trailer, kill the download (by browsing back) and see the
proper URL for the movie in my Squid logfile.  It's also useful for seeing
Flash movies reference other Flash movies, so if you grab one, you know to
grab others.

--
  ___  ___ __ _________ @well.com  William Anderson - www.well.com/~neuro
 / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \|     "All your base are belong to us. You are on