[thechat] german stuff

Rachel Lam lists at ewe-wish.com
Thu Apr 26 11:17:06 CDT 2001

Toll! Es gefällt mir, dem so viele Leute hier Deutsch sprechen.
We ran into 'dutzen' and 'sietzen' occasionally during my 3 years in
Stuttgart. I'm pretty sure they're real words. (I found them spelled that
way in a google search.)

And now for my 2 favorite excerpts from German class:

Wenn Fliegen fliegen hinter Fliegen,
fliegen fliegen Fliegen fliegen Fliegen hinterher. (Say that 5 times fast.)

A joke which is much better when spoken:
Q. What comes between fear (vier) and sex (sechs)?
A. Fünf

-Rachel