[thechat] german stuff

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Apr 26 12:09:40 CDT 2001

back to my original point about English being a sucky language to read/write:

I cannot think of any German words, offhand, that I couldn't write
(aka 'spell') after hearing them gesprochen.  Except maybe foreign
words.

I hate having to explain the retarded spelling of English words to my
daughter.  She asks me "why" and I feel like telling her that Daniel
Webster was an idiot.

It's a wonder anyone ever learns to read or write in English.

Erika (with a "k" not a "c," dammit)