[thechat] QOTD (especially for Texas residents - Hi Kyra, Sam & Dex!)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Apr 26 15:23:18 CDT 2001

>The owner (Monica) is a
>post-operation lesbian.

Does this mean Monica was a man who had an operation to become a
woman... and that she only dates other women?

okay, glad I got that straight.
(no pun intended.)

>Chilo (flamenco/spanish jazz cover band) and his ego.

There's a good name for a band: Chilo and his Ego.

>you have to rely on your server's
>ability to lip read ...

I used to work in a nightclub like this (as a server) but to make it
more fun, we offered about 100 beers or so (it was called
"International Beer Garden")... and NO WRITTEN MENU.

So when they asked, over the deafening noise, "what kind of beer do you have?"
you can imagine... now multiply that by 20-30 tables....

BTW Texans, I much liked Austin, especially the music & the food.  I
am missing that beautiful baja-style TexMex seafood.  Oh yes I miss
very much.

Erika