[thechat] what does "inde" mean?

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue May 1 13:21:16 CDT 2001

Tamara Abbey wrote on 1/5/01 5:54 pm

>At 09:26 AM 5/1/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>>But I've heard people talk about "independent music."  Is that music NOT
>>signed on a major label?  Or what?  I hear people talk about "inde"
>>bands.  Are these bands that are making records with non-corporate labels?
>
>That would be my understanding -- those that haven't been signed to a major
>label (like Sony/MCA or whatever -- I don't keep up on all the mergers).

Or more commonly, in a style associated with bands who made their name
with independent labels. Think guitar-based, angst-laden suburbia.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)778 068 6418                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland