[thechat] new car, caviar, 4 star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri May 4 17:56:20 CDT 2001

On Friday, May 4, 2001, at 04:52 PM, Martin Burns wrote:

> Car arrived today - sweet.

Damn - Congratulations. I'm so jealous. I wish we could buy those here.

> Taking it for a longish drive tomorrow.

Remember - it's break in time.  No rev limiter tomorrow. :)  They can
tell.

(screw it, hit the limiter - if not the speed limiter, the rev limiter)

> Just to make you 'merkins feel smug, I filled the
> tank and it cost me 50ukp...

Just filled mine for $28 (about 18 Gal.)  $1.85/US. Gallon here for 93
octane (our numbers are a little different than your - that's the good
stuff though).

Oh, and I found out that I bent a wheel already this spring.  I don't
want to know what wheels for my car cost from the dealer - they were
only available for one year.

:(

bob

--