[thechat] What I hate (a ramble which will probably get me in trouble)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri May 4 18:04:45 CDT 2001

>But Pink Floyd are on my list with Jethro Tull.

I'm not a big Jethro Tull expert or fan, but I do like the idea of
incorporating a flute into rock music...

>They are bad, but acclaimed as good by otherwise sensible people.

this is hardly a reasoned argument.  They're bad just because you say
so?  What about them makes them bad?  Why do you think people are
duped into thinking they are good?

>And Winnie the Pooh too.
>
>Bad.

Winnie the Pooh is irreverent.

I can't really get into an impassioned defense of the quality of the
stories, though.

But Pink Floyd... I don't know, maybe you have to be really
angry/cynical/depressed or miserable to truly appreciate the lyrics &
riffs.

There are times in my life -- they are not cheerful times -- when I
need to put on an album like "Dark Side of the Moon" and turn the
volume up to 11.

Erika