[thechat] Monitors and Res... (was: Alice?)

Dave McLean thechat at dwcreative.com
Mon May 14 00:30:12 CDT 2001

On 5/13/01 8:36 PM, Isaac Forman wrote:

>> Are you running two monitors @ different resolutions with the
>> g450 or just
>> spanning the desktop on 2 equal sized monitors?
>
> 19" and 17" - both at 1280x1024.
>
> at home: 21" and 15", both at above res.

With all the talk going on around here about dual monitors I had to go out
and splurge on a new monitor.  Well, actually, I saw a good deal and took
advantage of it.

I got a Samsung 950P 19" for $400 Canadian.  Good quality monitor... holy
crap I didn't realise how deteriorated my Apple 17" was getting.  Anyway, my
19" replaces my 17" which bumps my old VGA 15" off the desk.  Now I've got
more pixel space than I know what to do with.

I'm on a Mac, Beige G3 and it has built-in ATI Rage II 2MB VRAM, and a
add-on ATI Rage Pro with 4MB and video-out, ona PCI board. Dual monitors on
the MacOS is a snap.

Can't wait 'til I upgrade my system at the end of summer.  Mmmmm.... GeForce
3.

-d
_____
"Whoa! The internet is even on computers now."

                               Homer Simpson