[thechat] roll yr own blackout

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Mon May 21 08:47:35 CDT 2001

Sorry, I can't buy that it is any administration's fault that we, the
consumers of the energy, do not do more to conserve.  If it is the right
thing to do, we should do it regardless of incentives.  Too often we are act
like victims when we are the problem.  We complain about the garbage on TV,
but still watch the programs and buy the sponsors products.  We moan the
drilling in wildlife areas, but buy SUVs that get lousy gas mileage.  We
turn up the heat instead of wearing sweaters.  I could go on and on, but you
get the idea.  I am not suggesting that we all become Luddites, but a little
self-control and sacrifice would go a long way towards curing many of our
ills.

As an aside, Instead of depending on the media to decipher the report, I
plan to read it (http://www.whitehouse.gov/energy/)

Norman