[thechat] roll yr own blackout

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Mon May 21 12:48:58 CDT 2001

Ron White wrote:
> What!?!? Americans take personal responsibility??? Not gonna happen, the
> vast majority of people in this country are idiots, have always been idiots
> and will always be idiots... They have lost sight of JFK's "Ask not what
> your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" and have
> now embraced "I deserve it just because". Like the idiot that took the lid
> off a hot cup of coffee and then spilled it in her lap, it was her fault,
> but she sued McD's and the idiots paid her off and then raised prices... The
> list goes on and on

This is for the most /feels/ right on.

The irony of course is that the person who most vocally, most recently
made this argument is the child-of-priviledge, Ivy League,
not-very-bright fratboy C student sitting in the white house.

I can't decide whether I approve of a /smart/ lying politician or a
/dumb/ lying politician. But certainly, if the choice is between Bush
Jr. and Clinton, those are the choices.

People need to vote their conscience, be that Republican, Democrat,
Libertarian, Green, or whatever. The two party system has reached a
point where it actively SUSTAINS things that are problems, rather than
trying to solve them.

This is why I voted for Nader.

	- joe <http://artlung.com/>