[thechat] Mythology was comics

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue May 22 14:27:07 CDT 2001

At 02:13 PM 5/22/2001, you wrote:
>I thought the ages were a bigger number but couldn't remember for sure. It's
>been a few years since I actually read it.
>
>As for #1, so what? There are so many sects and variations that to lump them
>all together is close to meaningless. A third of those groups say the
>Sabbath is Saturday the rest say Sunday. Some say the bread and wine
>actually become the blood and body of Jesus, others that it only represents
>those things. Etc, etc, etc...
>Also I'd wager that a lot of Americans who call themselves Christians are
>that only in name, not actual practice. Some more extreme examples: the KKK,
>Aryan Nation and other various white supremacy groups who all claim to be
>Christian, but have no concept of love thy neighbor, unless they're white of
>course. Northern Ireland is being battled over by two "Christian" factions
>who are completely ignoring "Thou shall not Kill".

But this is true of all religions.  All members in a religion do not agree
with each other, it's not just Christianity.  You really think every Muslim
is out there trying to blow themselves up?  Hamas is an extremist splinter,
just like other extremist groups in Christianity, but they're still all
Muslims.

And, no, not all would be practicing Christians, but how many are
practicing Jews or Muslims or Hindus?  The ratios of practicing to
nonpracticing are probably pretty equal across the board, it's human nature.

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive