[thechat] Mythology was comics

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Tue May 22 14:53:22 CDT 2001

I think I better understand the intent of the original post.  Sorry if I
took us off topic and I really don't want to get into a religious discussion
on this matter; after all we were discussing comic books! :)

I do find it interesting that we assume that everything always happened as
it happens today.  By that I mean that people just can't live much longer
than 100 or so years, radioactive decay rates are always constant, miracles
cannot happen, etc.  We are often trapped by this way of thinking.  One
classic example was early in this century with telephones.  Not everyone
could possibly have one, because we can't have that many operators.
Interesting how the paradigm changes when we all become operators with the
help of switching systems.  More recently Bob Metcalf, inventor of ethernet,
predicted that the internet would collapse within a year.  That prediction
was about five years ago and bandwidth keeps expanding.  The list goes on
and on.

I, for one, do not think it fanciful that the creator of the universe is not
bound by his creation and can do as he pleases.  After all, time is a
created thing as well.  Of course, this assumes there is a creator.  Can't
logically see how there can't be, but you may think differently.  Oops!  I
was trying to avoid a religious discussion. :)

Ok, back to comic books, who's better?  Batman or Superman? (Now there's a
"religious" discussion!):)

Norman