[thechat] Mythology was comics

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed May 23 08:59:57 CDT 2001

At 06:35 PM 5/22/2001, you wrote:
>get more upset. When you ask them why they are clean
>shaven, unlike Hassidic Jews and the Old Order Amish,
>who follow the biblical injunction against rounding the face,
>they start belching black smoke and dripping oil like a
>1973 Vega.

But these commandments you mention here were laid out during the Old
Testament of the Bible.  Many of the things that were God-ordained during
the Old Testament (including the slaughter of a lamb to cleanse sins, not
trimming the corners of the face and binding the Word to your forehead -
the actual Scriptures for these escape me now) were effectively negated (if
you believe in Christianity) by Christ's death on the cross.  These were
all signs of respect to God or as atonement for sins, which, as the New
Testament lays out, are no longer necessary because Christ's death now
atones these sins.

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer