[thechat] Mythology was comics

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Wed May 23 13:27:15 CDT 2001

At 01:16 PM 5/23/01 -0500, Ben wrote:

>As I'm reading back over this it sounds real ethereal and odd (almost
>New-Ageish) to hear me outline the basis for Evangelical Christian
>theology, but it's really difficult to explain without experiencing it.

Yeah, I understand that.  I'm one of those weird people who grew up
areligous.  My family wasn't particularly hostile toward religion, but no
one ever really talked about it much.  Parents, grandparents,
great-grandparents were all non-practicing and didn't ever talk about
religion much.  I've always been interested in religion though, but its
from more of a sociological perspective.  I spent awhile in high school
attending a Methodist church and Sunday school to see what Christians (or
at least one sect) had to say for themselves.  It was interesting.

As a result of my upbringing and natural academic inclinations, I'm more
knowledgeable about religious doctrine than many of my friends who grew up
in various faiths, but they are much more knowledgeable about the
day-to-day living practices.  Makes for interesting discussions.

Judah