[thechat] bike stuff

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Wed May 23 16:22:35 CDT 2001

Ya know those little things that you look at for years and think "Hm. Cool
idea. I'll have to try those someday."? Well, I finally got some PowerGrips
for my commuting bike.

http://www.ekosport.com/pg_benefits.shtml

I've never really cared for old-school toe clips and I hated having to
schlep around an extra pair of shoes to use my clipless pedals. These fill
the gap beautifully. I can wear my street shoes and they lock you to the
pedal very nearly as well as clipless systems. All for $20. (Be aware that
you might need to get some new pedals to use them, because you have to put a
bolt through both sides of the pedal, and many low-end platform pedals don't
have bolt holes on the back. But I got a set of aluminum ones for $15 new.)

On another note, can Pantani win the Giro?

David