[thechat] bike stuff

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed May 23 17:26:06 CDT 2001

> Thought about it, but I wanted to try these first. The whole thing was
> cheaper than buying a new pair of shoes, even Nashbar
> specials. Besides, it
> was spring so I was required to change out some component on
> my bike and I
> didn't wanna mess with the handlebars or shifters this year. :)

I don't get the connection... unless you were meaning you were already
messing with that stuff...

> >I'd like to see Tyler Hamilton make himself a
> >serious contender this year....
>
> That would be cool, but don't expect it unless Lance falls
> under a truck.
> Tyler's best hope is grabbing a stage or two early on, but
> once Lance is in
> the yellow, they're gonna circle the wagons.

yah, I agree. After the Tour last year there was some press speculating
Tyler's jump to another team so he could vie for a #1 spot. If Lance stays
on past this Tour, I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler jumped to another team.
I hope not, he's really the only one ready to step in (well, Hincapie kicks
ass too, but isn't he getting old?)

> >(have salsa with your name on it, need to get it into the mail
> >next week, along with a book for someone else)
>
> OOO! I gotta get you some nuggets!

yes! I've been talking them up around here (receiving "ewws" and "yucks"
everywhere =D) ....

> Speaking of which, this happened in a back yard in Anchorage
> yesterday:
>
> http://www.adn.com/nation/photo/large/0,3167,,00.html

That's just strange. Beautiful, but strange. Pass my blessings on to the
mother, wouldya?

sgd