[thechat] Mythology was comics

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Wed May 23 20:19:41 CDT 2001

>From: Warden, Matt
>
>> My experience has been the opposite. Most non-denominational
>> churches that I'm familiar with tend to be local in the extreme.
>> "This is what our *congregation* believes. We are members of this
>> congregation because none of the large denominations make enough
>> sense for us." Now I'm putting words in their mouths, which is just
>> as unfair, but again, I'm only attesting to my experience.
>
>Really, I usually run into nondenominational Christians who don't go
>to church because their beliefs are in the minority (um, because they
>aren't affiliated with a denomination).

Well, I was speaking specifically of people who are actually members of
non-denominational churches. I've never used the title "non-denominational"
for non-church-goers. Those folks are just Christians who don't go to
church. Ah, the vagaries of language and religion! ;)

Wotta fabulous thread.

David