[thechat] Mythology was comics

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Thu May 24 00:18:14 CDT 2001

> From: "isaac" <isaac at members.evolt.org>

> there was never any suggestion from my parents that i should have any faith,
> which i certainly appreciate.

Time for the old dictionary (Oxford American)...
Faith (fayth) n  1. Reliance or trust in a person or thing.

Life without faith? How is that possible?

If you don't have faith, how can you trust that the earth will hold you up
when you place your foot upon it? It's a pretty basic issue.

You seem to have faith in science, which is fine. Just understand that
science is a faith, just like the others. Based on the thinking and
teachings of men and women.

My faith lies closer to science as well, and I can't pretend to know what
else is behind it.

Matt