[thechat] Mythology was comics

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu May 24 00:41:49 CDT 2001

At 02:56 PM 5/24/2001 +0930, you wrote:
>i find that hard to believe, considering the prevalence of such imagery in
>churchs and religious works of art. have i read this commandment
>incorrectly?

Ever heard of the Eastern Orthodox Church?

No, you're not reading it wrong. But, just as those following Moses needed
a material representation of their faith, so do we today.

And God became a man, Jesus is light-skinned and His birth is celebrated on
Dec. 25.

God is perfect.  We are not. But, in Christianity, we keep trying.

<tamara />