[thechat] Mythology was comics

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Thu May 24 07:25:48 CDT 2001

On the image thing ...

My personal take (FWIW, of course) is that [Commandment #2] was an
admonishment from idolatry - a complaint that worship *OF* the image *AS*
"the thing" is 'bad' rather than forbidding the sculpting of a statue that
may or may not be flattering to God or one of his buds as a 'reminder' of
their presence.

Sounds like it has more to do with 'intent' to me.  Did you draw the picture
of St. Therese to proclaim your respect for her? That would be okay.  Did
you draw it to worship in her absence? - not okay.  Did you draw it to sell
for cash to a group that may or may not use it for one of the purposes
above?  Hmmmm ... not sure.

:-)

RonL.