[thechat] 'Merican politics

Ron White ronwhite at members.evolt.org
Thu May 24 09:33:55 CDT 2001

	My personal take on the political scene is that the time is ripe for a
third party to form. Not on the extreme right or left as has been the case
in the last couple of elections, but of the center. I have a feeling that
there are a lot of people like myself who have some moderate Dem views and
some moderate Rep views.
	For instance I believe in a strong national defense, but the missile shield
is a joke... I believe in a woman's right to choose abortion, but I don't
think it should be used as birth control. If you're having sex and not using
protection and get pregnant, first time you can have the abortion after
that, then tough you're having the baby, you don't want it, then put it up
for adoption. I believe that government should provide services to the
people, not provide subsidies to corporations. Politicians should be banned
from receiving money from any entity that is not based in the area that they
represent.

Thanks,
Ron White