[thechat] RE: Christian Mythology

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Thu May 24 09:55:55 CDT 2001

> Paul is the one that claimed that following the law - circumcision,
> and following religious law - was not necessary. For that, he was
> called back to Jerusalem three times and beaten one stroke short
> of a death sentence - the penalty for heresy.
>
> deke

Having just finished reading Acts last year, I don't recall any reference to
Paul getting beaten by the Jerusalem church.  I do see where the leaders at
the Jerusalem temple were quite upset with his teaching and wanted to kill
him (Acts 21: 26-31) as did the Helenists (Greek-speaking Jews)  in Acts
9:29.  Perhaps this is what you are referring to?

Jesus, on the other hand, was severely flogged/tortured prior to being
nailed to the cross.

Norman