[thechat] 'Merican politics

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Thu May 24 13:20:00 CDT 2001

On 24 May 2001, at 10:00, Ron White posted a message which said:

> What do you all think about the Senator from Vermont resigning from the
> Republican party?

It's not like someone left the senate and the Vermont governor
appointed someone else to take his place. He obviously wasn't
a staunch Republican, and he's not going to be a staunch
Democrat.

The folks on MSNBC and FoxNews have something to talk about,
but when you realize that we have *exactly* the same people in
the Senate next week that we had last week, it doesn't really
make much difference, does it?

deke