[thechat] Open Adoptions

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu May 24 16:39:22 CDT 2001

At 04:25 PM 5/24/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Not me personally, but I have a buddy in Ohio who paid a boxcar load of
>money, learned Portugese, and flew down to Brazil to adopt three small
>children a few years back.

No Ron, that's not what I was looking for, but thank you.

But I wonder if your friend would have appreciated adopting from a local
young couple and allowed that young couple to be a part of their new
family. The literature likens it to an extra set of in-laws and extended
family.

Just curious since the members here seem to have a ton of experience on a
huge variety of experiences.

<tamara />

(yeah, just call me a sorta gramma I guess)