[thechat] Mythology was comics

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Fri May 25 09:42:08 CDT 2001

At 07:01 PM 5/24/2001, you wrote:

> > (when we were really, really small), we had a major accounting error.  We
> > were short about $10,000 in the morning and we had bills to pay by
> > noon.  We prayed about the problem knowing that there was really nothing
> > *we* could do about it.  That morning, a $12,000 job came in (it found
> > us).  The bills were payed on time.  This is a small example,
> > yes, but I've
> > found that it's usually the smallest things that reinforce my
> > belief in God.
>
>lol. a job came into your office. how is that a miracle? people bring us
>work all the time. it covers our bills. what's the big deal?

First off, this was 1998 when we were just four guys interested in the
internet.  It wasn't a big deal yet.  We had maybe five clients for a
year.  Getting in any new work at the time was a big deal.

Second, it's always interesting to me that something good happens after
something bad and people say "Big Deal" or "that was a lucky coincidence,"
and just brush it aside like it was nothing.  I choose to believe that
there's more behind it.

It comes down to this (as this thread is winding down now): you can choose
to say we're all here and that everything we do is completely by chance or
that this is all a conscious effort by a higher power who, despite our
stupidity and fraility as humans, hasn't allowed us to completely destroy
the planet.

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer