[thechat] Network messaging software

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Mon May 28 12:26:44 CDT 2001

Yes, you do need to me online in order for it to work. I guess I just assume
that anyone posting to these lists has a high speed internet connection,
sorry.

As far as I now, all the instant messaging programs require that you be
online for them to work. There are a few high end corporate solutions from
people like IBM and the like that run off an internal server, but they are
probably a little beyond what you are looking for. You wouldn't happen to be
running an exchange server would you? (they also have an inter-office
messaging service)