[thechat] Content is king [or queen...]

Dave Fitch lists at dere-street.com
Mon May 28 15:34:19 CDT 2001

"Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com> said:

>I happen to know *cough* someone *cough* on this list that works with
>content management systems for PriceWaterhouseCoopers in the UK.

Oh? :-)

>So, does "doing content management" mean building CMSs, writing
>content, approving content, or reading content?  ;-)

Writing content, editing content, outsourcing content, working
with/hiring/supervising/firing researchers, approving content,
updating content, content maintenance, database maintenance... and
that's just what I know about.

She spent a few years doing database-content stuff for a publishing
house that did encyclopedias and the like, before moving on to a
search engine company which will [obviously] remain nameless.
I think she's pretty good at reading content too though ;-)
Dave