[thechat] sadly: mousebuttons, was: being political and fair.

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Tue May 29 13:21:57 CDT 2001

> Three buttons: you've your left button (hey that makes sense, or
> right button if you're left handed); right button for contextual
> menus; middle for copy / pasting... Wheels are for lazy pussies. :-)
>
> Fire away!

Yeah, I've got a left hand. When I'm not typing, I mostly use it for
propping up my head while my right hand manipulates those three buttons and
the wheel.

Laziness rules! And Apple knows it. Isn't that why they developed the mac OS
in the first place? 'Course they messed up on that score when they decided
mice need only one button.

Hell, I'm thinking my 3-button wheel mouse needs a couple more buttons. And
maybe some flashing lights... I dunno.

And for the record, I think trackballs are pretty cool too. Never used a
tablet, but I like the idea.

-Bruce