[thechat] Network messaging software

Jen Worden jen at meadoworks.com
Wed May 30 08:17:08 CDT 2001

Hi Bruce ...

At 01:55 PM 29/05/01 -0500, Bruce Heerssen wrote:
>Here's a few that claim to work on LANs. I haven't used any of them, so use
>your discretion.

Many thanks - you went way past the call of duty, beer's on me!

We're evaluating LanTalk - small size, similar to WinPopup but more robust
and with added features - so far, so good.

The one from Viable Software was more chat oriented and *seemed* to require
an online connection, though I could be mistaken.

Once again, thank you!

cfn ... Jen

>http://home.swipnet.se/szotten/ruth/ (looks ok)
>
>http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Business/Pager_Tools/LanTalk___Excellent_
>Network_Messenger_for_Office_Network.html (seems kind of questionable, but
>who can tell?)
>http://www.cheap-price.com/ChatLite.exe (Couldn't find documentation for
>this one)
>
>http://viablesoftware.com:3392/index.htm (this one looks promising, check