[thechat] Interesting stuff

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Fri Jun 1 13:29:37 CDT 2001

On 1 Jun 2001, at 9:47, Judah McAuley posted a message which said:

> I had to read the Gospel of Thomas in college.  It was very
> interesting.  It's a Gnostic gospel and represents a very different
> relationship between Man and God than the traditional four gospels.  And I
> seem to recall that there was some very strange quotes attributed to Jesus
> in there.  It was not edited as well as those included in the Bible.

There is also an "Infancy Gospel of Thomas".  People tend to get
the two confused, for obvious reasons. The infancy gospel is more
mystical in nature.

I always thought the Gospel of James (not the same thing as the Book
of James) was the most interesting gospel of those not included in the
protestant canon.

deke