[thechat] Can you survive on Linux alone?

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Mon Jun 4 13:01:04 CDT 2001

This is for all the Linux people out there. I have just about had it with
windows and in particular Microsucks. I am seriously thinking of
reformatting my hard drives and changing over to Linux (Red Hat in
particular). What I am wondering is this. Can someone survive in this day
and age running a home computer on Linux and Linux alone or do I need to
look at some form of dual boot idea with my computer? (You can dual boot
windows 98SE, windows 2k, and Red Hat can't you?) Are there truly enough
programs out there for the Linux os to make it viable to run only that at
home or am I crazy for even thinking this?

Hope this doesn't start a Linux vs. Windows war, I just want some opinions
on the state of Linux as a viable alternative to windows.

/chris

"In a hurricane even turkeys can fly"