[thechat] Broadband

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Mon Jun 4 20:32:17 CDT 2001

So finally I get broadband - cable modem, new in the area.  I sit and surf
at 1 meg/sec - loving life.  I decide to splurge, get the Linksys wireless
router and wireless card, and start surfin' on my deck on the laptop unwired
( well, for 3 hours until my laptop battery gives out).  So last week, the
cable company facks up a router, and I'm without a internet connection for a
week - just came back up an hour ago.

Even though my dial-up was slow, it was dependable.  I wanted to tell these
cable bastards not to fack up again, or I would cancel.  Then I realized I
had no other broadband options.  DSL, other cable providers, satellite -
nope.  I already looked into them all, and none in my area.  It's like
losing power for a week.  Not much you can do.  Hell, if you lose power, you
always have the option of buying a generator.  Don't know of a broadband
generator.

It's like an addiction. I hope the broadband doesn't go down again.  I
really need my fix.

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com