[thechat] LotR

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 21:39:07 CDT 2001

--- isaac <isaac at members.evolt.org> wrote:

> just got sick of jordan taking so long to describe
> even the most minute
> detail. will that story never end?

It is expected to end at Vol. 12.

> is he scared of trying to describe the
> ultimate end-battle?

He says he's had the end-battle done since the very
beginning; like it's the first part that he wrote.
Everything else is just getting there. I have to
admit that everytime the gang rides into a new city
and he describes and describes the city I revert to
my speed reading techniques and just sort of pass
over that stuff. If you want insufferable detail
(which obviously you don't, heh) try Jules Verne or
Melville. Yeesh!

Terry

Who has most of the Eye of the World in hardback.