[thechat] GP du Canada

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Mon Jun 11 06:53:07 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com>

> Plus ça change...
>
> Jacques has never really done well in Montreal, despite it being his
> hometown. I imagine the BAR party @ his restaurant last night would have
> been a dismal affair.
>
> fwiw the track is named after his father, Giles.

Another bit of interesting trivia: the Montreal GP was Gilles's first ever
win in F1..
First year of F1 racing, and he got to win in his hometown.  I believe he
also won it the following year, but I am not certain. My memories may be
playing tricks on me.

I'm in Montreal, and it was such a nice weekend, that we decided to go to
the beach and haven't followed the GP at all. Oops ;-)