[thechat] Am I a late bloomer, or on time?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Fri Jun 15 11:46:07 CDT 2001

I'm gonna share what the first month of being 29 has done for me.

I think I've figured it out. Men aren't worth much until they get to this
age. Where being 18, 21, or 25 is grand and young and carefree, I think it
takes until the brink of the 30s for a man to be truly ready for the world.
To ripen, as it were. I'm feeling more ready for the rest of my life than I
ever have. --Comfortable thinking about The Future, Family, etc. Confident
about my decisions, secure in my place among friends, family, strangers. At
18, 21, 25, men do feel as though they have the world by its tail. I think
it takes that little extra time to know what to do with it. All this is
hitting me sideways, all at once. But in a good way. I think women get it
all figured out earlier. It explains why we get those funny looks. We need
those extra years to let the puberty seep into our thick skulls and sink in,
mellowing us out. This is the right temperature to serve a man, 30; the
right age to open him up and let breathe. I'm standing on the cliff, and
instead of being afraid to look down, I'm looking across and calculating my
jump. I'm ready to go.

(be sure all this will be repeated later tonight during a drunken stupor, as
is appropriate =) )
sgd
--
work: http://ti3.com/