[thechat] Need Linux Guru - Dual Boot Prob with Mandrake

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue Jun 19 11:39:13 CDT 2001

sure, heres an example of a dual boot system:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=20
message=/boot/message
lba32
default=xfs
### this is my default linux kernel and what lilo
### will boot first(the defualt line above this can be changed)
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2
         label=xfs
         initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.2
         read-only
         root=/dev/hda2
### assuming your win98 partition is the first partition on the second
### or 'slave' hard drive and win2k is the second
other=/dev/hdb1
	label=win98
	table=/dev/hdb

other=/dev/hdb2
	label=win2k
	table=/dev/hdb

now when lilo starts up, you should be able to hit the tab key and it
will show you the options you have.. win98, xfs, win2k

and me talking about win2k is just speculation since i've never dual
booted with it :)

lemme know if that makes sense.