[thechat] my iMac frightens me...

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Jun 19 20:53:11 CDT 2001

> It's funny you should say that, but my pc has started doing this?
> there's no rhyme or reason to it... just every now and then
> monitor clicks
> like it's changing res... goes blank... then clicks back?
>
> I suppose this email is partly useless to any solution ;) But
> hey, it could
> mean that it's not an iMac only thing.

this week, my pc (1ghz athlon, etc) has started doing something similar.
something in the case (possibly the harddrive) makes a noise similar to that
of a monitor changing resolution. during that 1 second click, the computer
pauses. it happens every few minutes on some occasions, doesn't happen for
hours on others. the displays aren't doing anything weird. it's just that
click.

(i'm backing stuff up for the first time in my life to 2 other machines on
the network in case the harddrive dies.)

isaac

0414 758 000 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au